BIENVENUE SUR LE BLOG DE DINDON CANADIEN
Body by Turkey – Wing Day
By: Turkey Farmers of Canada
Lean in, workout & get your Body by Turkey!
This week on Body by Turkey, we’re teaming up with Leansquad’s Phil Mackenzie to work those drumsticks! For Wing Day, Phil walks us through his go-to arm workout featuring planks, kettlebells, presses, dips and curls.
After the workout, Phil whips up his Flourless Fried Turkey Wings. A healthier option to your favourite pub food.
Get the recipe here and stay tuned for more episodes of Body by Turkey!
Flourless Fried Turkey Wings
- 4-6 bone-in turkey wings
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp cayenne spice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 garlic cloves
- corn on the cob (halved) X 2
- dash of salt
- Salt your turkey wings to taste.
- Add canola to pot and bring to a light bubble (not a full boil).
- Ensure you add enough canola oil to cover wings, but not so much that your pot overflows when wings are added.
- Once canola oil is at a light boil, carefully add turkey wings. Every 5 minutes slowly increase heat, and rotate wings with tongs, for 30 minutes, until they are nice and crispy.
- After 30 minutes, lower the heat to a simmer, and add peeled garlic cloves for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate pot (halfway through cooking wings) bring water to boil, add salt, and then add halved corn on the cob. Turn heat off and cover for 5 minutes.
- Once wings are finished, plate and cover wings with paprika and cayenne spice. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Serve the tasty, flourless wings with the corn on the cob and impress all your friends!